Web Content WritingYour digital content is one of the best ways to get a high ranking on Google, but how do you write engaging content? Quality content is informative and answers all the questions that the user is asking. Remember, when writing web content, it’s important to not only write for Google, but for the person who will be reading the page, your potential customer. You may have gotten the customer to the page, but they may not continue to work with you because of confusing or lackluster content. One example of lackluster content is keyword stuffing. You may think that this will improve your SEO, but Google will penalize you for it and it will lower user experience. Therefore, remember to balance adding in keywords as well as increasing the user’s experience when you’re developing content. Both are crucial to having effective SEO and getting the desired sales leads.
Update Website Content Often
Updating your content often will show Google that you’re an active site, since Google will lower the ranking of websites that seem abandoned. Additionally, updating and adding content on a consistent basis will ensure your rank stays where it is, and can even improves it. SEO is one of those things that needs to be maintained to have the best results. Creating a blog with posts about industry happenings is a great way to keep adding content and your website updated. Additionally, having a blog that answers your targeted audience questions as well as provides many different content types is a great way to improve user experience as well as SEO.
Title Tags, Meta Descriptions, and Alt Tags
These are a few other places that content is important other than the web page itself. These are much shorter, but inserting keywords and having quality, concise content can improve your SEO ranking.
- Title Tags–Title Tags can be found at the top of the browser window and as the headline within search engine results page (SERPS). These are usually concise and describe what the page’s content will be. Inserting important keywords in Title Tags will help improve SEO efforts.
- Meta Descriptions–This is another great place to insert keywords. The length of these descriptions change, but having around 160 characters is a good starting point. The function of a meta description is summarizing a page’s content. These is an important part of getting users to click on your page through the SERP.
- Alt Tags–These are used to describe media such as videos and images. These allow search engines to locate your page, which is important if you want your page to show up on a SERP.
Other Methods that Improve SEO Ranking
Some other methods that improve SEO Ranking other than content marketing are listed here:
- Contact Us Page–Pages with contact information and locations are deemed more trustworthy, which can increase ranking on Google. This also increases user experience of your website.
- Broken Links–Nobody wants to click on a link and then get an error. Having broken links on your website will make it seem that your website is not being kept up to date to Google and decreases the user’s experience.
- Page Load Speed Google takes page-loading speed into account in their website ranking algorithm. Additionally, users are more likely to leave a site if the pages are taking too long to load. Shortening the page loading time will not only help with SEO efforts but keep potential customers on your site. There are many techniques to increase page load speed, some of which include a clean code, optimizing image sizes and minimizing redirects.
Being an effective marketing strategist is having strong digital content and a developed web page. This will look different in different companies and industries, but no matter what your company does, these SEO tips and tricks will put you on your way to increasing website traffic and getting sales leads. Good luck on developing your search engine optimization strategy!